Friday, December 11, 2009

A Highlight in this Blog's Short Lifespan


I want to make a shoutout to El Socio of Fans Del Real Madrid, who mentions this blog in his and speaks well of it. Let me say that this is an honor for me and this blog's young life. I ran into his blog (before it was even in Ole Ole) some time back, and even if it's in Spanish, I've been able to enjoy it a lot (thanks to Google and Yahoo Babelfish Translate). This independent-minded guy does not mince his words and has some very strong opinions which (despite my limited understanding of Spanish), is delivered with wit, humor and rage all at the same time. Good Stuff! Thanks El Socio!
.
He mentions:
.
"...desgraciadamene nuestro amigo Lateral Izquierdo parece haber abandonado sus actividades blogueras; puena suerte allá donde esté. Pero a rey muerto, rey puesto, y he descubierto un excelente blog llamado Madridista Mac, donde el bloguero homónimo nos ofrece desde Singapur todo tipo de entradas sobre el Madrid: opinión, análisis tácticos y hasta crónicas en directo, a pesar de que no le lee casi nadie. Os recomeindo entrar en su página y echar un vistazo, que el tipo trabaja muy bien."
.
I translate with AltaVista Babel Fish:
.
"but desgraciadamene our Left Lateral friend seems to have left its blogueras activities; puena luck there where it is. But to died king, put king, and there am shortage excellent blog call Madridista Mac, where the homonymous bloguero offers from Singapore all type to us of entrances on Madrid: opinion, tactical analyses and until chronicles in direct, although it does not read anybody almost to him. Recomeindo to enter to you its page and to throw a look, that the type works very well."

.
My further interpretation:
.
"But unfortunately, our friend Lateral (Lateral Izqiuerdo of The Real Liga) seems to have left his blogging acitivites, we wish him luck wherever he is. But as the King dies, we install a new one: and there's this excellent blog called Madridista Mac, where the blogger offers from Singapore all types of things about Real Madrid to us: opinions, tactical analysis, even live chronicles of the game... although almost no one reads his work. I recommend you to enter his page and have a look, its good work."
.
... And I am deeply, deeply flattered. It is true what he said though, that there probably aren't many visitors of this space. hahaha.
.
Before mentioning this blog, he mentions The Real Liga, a blog that seems to have died down in the past few months: I keep it still in my blog list hoping that it'll kick alive soon again.
.
He goes on to mention Adam Bader's Real Madrid Talk and Corey's Real Madrid-The Offside too and says that neither of us have converted to the religion of Anti-Raulisimo yet. I'm not so sure I'll ever get to that point though... I will always give credit to Raul and look upon him with respect for the things he has done for this club. I will say however that your presence on the pitch is justified by your ability to contribute to what happens to your team on it. And based on the way he has been playing, it seems clear that Raul is not in this Real Madrid's best XI to merit a starting berth. It seems like the time has come for him to pass the baton to this current generation of Real Madrid players who seem capable of winning it all. Just as he has snatched his place in the team from Butragueno, so too must he relinquish his place...

3 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog through El Socio's post on his site and I gotta admit I'm impressed with your dedication and admiration of Real Madrid, even from so far away.

    Keep up the great work, I'm definitely bookmarking your blog.

    Hala Madrid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dai! do come back and feel free to share your thoughts and opinions...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also got to your blog through El socio, quite interesting reading. This evening´s match is one of the most difficult, let hope for a good result. You can count me as a new reader of your comments and opinions.
    Saludos Hala madrid

    ReplyDelete